Green Tourism in Japan
カルキ＠ネパールIt was my first time to go and pick up shitake in Japan. It was a nice experience because I had chance to be close with the forest and nature. When I started picking up shitake I was always searching for the big once. Everyone was so eager to find big shitake so that they can show to everyone. 続きを読む
フミ＠日本Although I’m not that old (24year-old), it was pretty much of fun there in Showa-no-machi that there were a lot of toys and stuffs from Showa period. 続きを読む
マイク＠シンガポールhe central shopping street of Showa town is very interesting. If the movie ‘Back to the Future’ was shot in Japan, 続きを読むクリスティーThe view behind is the old shop street of SHOWA no MACHI.
This is not a busy street, but every shop you can find it there has its own story. 続きを読むCat@VietnamQ1．Were your host families kind to you? They were very kind!! 続きを読むNathaniel Wagner@USAQ1．Please check 3 experiences you were looking forward to the
mostbefore you came here.
①Mochi-making ②Bon-dancing ③Farmstay 続きを読むvaleria@ ArgentinaQ1．Please check 3 experiences you were looking forward to the
mostbefore you came here.
①Seafood BBQ) ②Mate-seashell digging ③Farmstay
続きを読むMcKenzie@USAQ1．Please check 3 experiences you were looking forward to the
mostbefore you came here.
①Mochi-making ②Bon-dancing ③Farmstay 続きを読む
ダウンロード 英語版パンフレット 予約・申込み用紙 アクセス
“Holiday accommodations where guests can engage in exchange with agricultural and fishing communities in Japan: Rural minshuku”
- Rural minshuku are holiday accommodations where you can meet people directly involved in the agricultural and fishing industries and stay in their homes and communities.
These accommodations are available around the country and many are in actual fact traditional Japanese-style homes that have been restored.
Many of these minshuku have an accommodation pricing system that includes breakfast and dinner, a culinary experience that enables the traveler to taste the fresh, local produce of that particular community.
Dear travel company
Our focus is on providing you with an authentic traditional Japanese living experience, creating lasting bonds with your host families, while giving you an experience that you will never forget.
Throughout this site, foreign students who had experienced these programs will be introducing the various activities that we offer.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to discover and understand the real beauty of Japan through the warmth of their words.
All Bungotakada Green Tourism Promotion Committee farm stay programs are approved by the government of Oita prefecture.
Food Culture Related Program
- ①Local Food Buffet
- Lots of local foods that are made of locally- grown vegetables and ingredients will be served. Enjoy the seasonal taste!
Availability All year round Number of participants 15 – 200 people Required Time About 1 hour Place SHOEN HOTARU Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
- ②Soba Noodle Making
- Bungo Takada city is one of leading cities where produces Soba noodles in Western Japan. Try making Bungo Takada Soba!
Availability All year round Number of participants 3 – 60 people Required Time About 2 hours Place Various places in the city Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
Rice-balls and pickle
will be provided
- ③Mochi Making (Rice Cakes)
- Come and learn a famous Japanese tradition of preparing for the New Year Mochi making! Participate in the preparation process and try them with bean paste, soy bean flour, and even Kabosu (An Oita specialty citrus fruit).
Availability All year round Number of participants 5 – 25 people Required Time About 3 hours Place Various places in the city Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
- ④Seafood Barbecue
- You will enjoy seafood barbecue under the sun on a fine day. Also, roofed facility is available when it is raining.
Availability All year round Number of participants 15 – 100 people Required Time About 1 hour Place Various places in Kakaji area Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
- ⑤Mate Seashell Digging
- You can experience mate shell digging at beautiful and shoaling Matama beach. You can cook them at your own home-stay with your host family.
Availability All year round Number of participants 3 – 200 people Required Time *About 3 hours Place Matama beach Participation fee 800 yen Remarks
*only when at low tide
- ⑥Flowing Somen Noodles
- This activity is the combination of flowing somen noodles (+ eating them) and creating bamboo works. You can take the cups and chopsticks that you made back home.
Availability All year round Number of participants 10 – 40 people Required Time About 3 hours Place Various places in the city Participation fee 2,000 yen Remarks
Rice-balls and pickle will be provided
- ⑦Lenten Food
- Carring on the tradition of Buddhism, Lenten food is available at Fukiji Temple.
- Lenten food is all made of rice, wheat, soba, tofu, and seasonal vegetables. Meat and fish will never be used for Lenten food.
Availability All year round Number of participants 10 – 50 people Required Time About 1 hour Place Fukiji Temple Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
Japanese Cultural Experiences
- ①Zen Meditation (Zazen)
- Zazen (座禅) is called“Zen Meditation”and popular among young people in Western countries. Zazen is available at several temples in Bungo Takada city.
Availability All year round Number of participants 5 – 25 people Required Time About 1 hour Place Fukiji and a few other temples Participation fee 700 yen Remarks
- ②Shakyo (Buddhist Sutras)
- “Shakyo”is to transcribe the Buddhist sutra. Its original purpose was to pass Buddha’s important words down to posterity, but it also has roles of calligraphy art, culture, and education in modern times.
Availability All year round Number of participants 5 – 25 people Required Time About 1 hour Place Fukiji Temple Participation fee 1,200 yen Remarks
A souvenir will be provided
*The sutra (Hanya-Shingyo)
- ③Wadaiko (Japanese Drums)
- Japanese Drums experience instruced by “Misaki Daiko”, active Japanese Drum group in Kakaji area. Try playing them and feel the beat!
Availability All year round Number of participants 15 – 30 people 15 – 30 people About 1 hour and a half Place Various places in the city Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
- ④Kagura (Japanese Shinto Music and)
- Kagura is one of the shrine rituals in Japan, and the traditions have been carried on by regions. “Ebisusato Kagura”has been passed down in Kakaji area, and foreigners are welcome to join.
Availability All year round Number of participants 10 – 40 people Required Time About 3 hours Place Ebisu area Participation fee 1,500 yen Remarks
- ⑤Sado (Tea Ceremony)
- “Fuki Tea”brand is produced in Fuki area. You can taste Fuki Tea at the place of the family who owns a tea garden.
Availability All year round Number of participants 5 – 15 people Required Time About 1hour and a half Place Fuki Tea garden, and others Participation fee Participation fee Remarks
- ⑥Straw & Vine Craft
- You will make various kinds of craftwork using harvested straws and vines.
Availability All year round Number of participants 1 – 15 people Required Time About 1or 2 hours Place SHOEN HOTARU Participation fee 2,000 yen Remarks
- ⑦Cruising On Fishing Boats
- We all board a fishing boat that belongs to the local fishermen, not a sighseeing boat.
Enjoy the scenery of Nagasakibana, and observing the Japanese traditional way of fishing.
Availability All year round Number of participants 8 – 16 people Required Time About 1hour Place Shozu Fishing Port Participation fee 2,000 yen Remarks
Team Building Activity
- ①Minemichi Trekking
- The practitioners of Shugendo(A highly syncretic Buddhic religion) used to train themselves by walking along Rokugo Manzan(Temple’s compound). You will visit Stone Buddhist images, sacred points, and odd stones on our foot.
Availability All year round Number of participants 2 – 50 people Required Time From 2 to 5 hours Place Ebisudani, Mt. Inomure, Mt. Saiei Participation fee 1,000 yen Remarks
- ②Photo Shooting Rally By Electric Bicycle
- This is an activity through which you can fully enjoy “Tashibuso”that is filled with nature and historical heritages. It is also good for team-building among the participants.
Availability All year round Number of participants 5 – 20 people Required Time About 1 hour Place Tashibu-Osaki area Participation fee 1,000 yen Remarks